Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bob Kaegel & Dick Dutton

Is it just me, or does anyone else think these 2 clones arrive at the ST complex (or ballparks during the regular season) and say, "Who are you interviewing today... Wow, that sounds good, mind if I tag along?"

I understand that there are group interviews & everyone basically gets the same sound bites, etc., but I also know that there are 64 players on the spring roster & all the regular & extra coaches & spare parts players (like the minor leaguers needed for "live" batting practice before Wednesday).

I guess I should just remind myself that this is not like "real" journalism where getting your OWN story is important. These two guys are just a couple old beat writers beaten down by many long (& loosing) seasons.

02/16/09 5:44 PM EST
Silent authority of Meche inspires KC
Right-hander has become quiet leader in Royals' clubhouse
By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=....artnerId=rss_kc

Posted on Mon, Feb. 16, 2009 10:15 PM
Meche believes in this Royals team
By BOB DUTTONThe Kansas City Star
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/1037880.html

No comments: